Carlington Community Chaplaincy
Board of Directors Job Description
Position: Member, Board of Directors
Time commitment: Minimum of five hours per month (meetings, preparation, consultation)
Term: Two years
The Board of Directors is accountable to the Carlington Community, the Carlington Community Chaplaincy Council, supporting churches, staff, funders and other stakeholders for the Chaplaincy in relation to its mission, vision and strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.
Members are responsible for acting in the best long-term interests of the Chaplaincy and will bring broad knowledge and an inclusive perspective to the task of informed decision-making.
Every member is expected to:
· Prepare for and attend monthly meetings
· Work as a team member and support board decisions
· Participate in the review of the Chaplaincy’s mission and objectives and the development of a strategic plan
- Monitor the performance of the organization in relation to its objectives and core values
· Help establish and approve the budget and monitor financial performance in relation to it
· Establish, review and monitor polices that guide core operational practices
· Participate in hiring and evaluating the Chaplain
· Participate in the recruitment of new board members
· Participate in the evaluation of the board itself
· Participate in committee work, as Chair of a Committee or a contributing member
· Keep informed about community issues relevant to the mission and objectives of the Chaplaincy and advocate on behalf of the Chaplaincy and the Carlington Community as approved by the Board.
The following are considered key job qualifications:
· Commitment to organization’s mission and strategic directions
· Commitment of time and openness to learning
Removal of a Board Member
A member may be removed from the board, by majority vote, if absent from three meetings without reasonable cause.
Here is a pdf copy of the above information: /uploads/1/1/2/2/11227341/board_member_job_description.pdf